Thursday, March 11, 2010

Busy like CRAZY

Whenever people say they have been too busy to do something I quietly think to myself that that is a lame excuse....we will always be busy. This past few weeks I feel like I have been too busy. I have spent the last three weeks working and trying to be a good mom and wife and I would like to not only applaud but give a standing ovation to the working moms out there. You ladies who work and take care of your families are amazing. I feel like after just three weeks my motor is running out of steam and I need some mommy time aka sleep.
The girls have been little troopers and we have marvelous people around to help look after them and shuttle them around daily. Fortunately we have also had dad at home to help pick up the slack. He has even taken time out of renovating the basement to help with the housework, run Kinna to preschool and even on two occasions take Kamryn to gymnastics. I think that going back to work is going to be hard on him because he is enjoying being home with the girls and interacting with them.
I have a good time teaching though and I miss being in the classroom. I enjoyed interacting with the kids and staff and yet I know that I belong here with my girls...at least for now. I missed them dearly each day and it was hard to hear about what they had done. I think it was especially hard because the weather was beautiful so I was secretly longing to take the girls to the lake and have some outdoor fun.
We did have our first two pony rides of the season this past week. My goal for this summer is to get the pony out at least a couple times each week. He has been highly under utilized and the girls are getting big enough now to actually begin to learn to ride. It is kinda neat to see Kinna and Kamryn sitting up there holding onto one another and the reins. I am not certain what the future holds for them horse wise but I know a great deal of my fond memories revolve around horses.
The farm is looking a little rough but I think that our family is going to work together to clean it up in a few weeks. I feel mostly to blame for the mess and the need to clean. Although a great deal of the mess is the fault of my animals some of the blame can also be shifted to mother nature and the passage of time.
Have I mentioned lately that I love my family. I have been reminded many times over the last few weeks just how lucky I am. I have a man that loves me, three BEAUTIFUL little princesses, a home, food and so many luxuries that many people do not share. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment