Friday, March 26, 2010

I may never be great

but I will try my best to be grateful. I was thinking the other day about how amazing some peoples lives are. You know those people who change the lives of millions of other people. I am pretty sure that I will never do anything like that. I do hope that in my lifetime I will find a way to help at least a few hurting souls though. I think that I realize now more then ever that I really do want to start the ranch.
I think that it is very hurtful to think of the reality that some children live daily. It is hard to remember that children around me grow up with not only no one loving them but the people who are supposed to love them actually hurt them. I think that the word hurt is such an understatement because what some children endure is unthinkable. As hurtful and horrific these thoughts can be I still find myself drawn to finding a way to reach out a hand to help. I don't think by any means I have not done a great job of this so far but I also have a responsibility to my children to ensure that I guard and protect them in anyway I can from being in a situation where their safety is compromised. I also have a responsibility to my husband to love and support him in his career.
I guess that I will pray that God willing the day and the finances will come and we will be able to create a haven where hurting kids have the opportunity to experience the love of God and the support of being in a positive environment. It is my hope and dream to start a small scale version of Mercy Ministries started by Nancy Alcorn in the USA. As a matter of fact, I am hoping that perhaps on my next trip to BC I will get to tour the new Mercy Home in Canada and perhaps chat up the people in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment