Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Beyond Blessed

So much has happened in my story of life between posts. If I was a writer I would probably sit for hours and tell of the healing and transformation and incredibly hard times these last few chapters have held. It has been oh so good and oh so incredibly hard. For today though I focus on the here and now. I will tell of how today, on Wednesday, September 7th, 2016 I sent all of my wee girls off to school. This isn't the first morning I have been without a sidekick but it does feel like the start of a new chapter and season for our little crew. As I ponder this I think back to not so long ago when it felt like the babies and diapers and constant chaos of four girls under five would never end. Everyone told me it would go quickly but at the time it felt like in so many ways each day passed so incredibly slowly and seemed so very long. I did and do treasure those days. I do not regret any of it and count it all as treasure. I do know that here, today, it feels like I have blinked and my babies, my crew of littles, is grown. No longer tethered to me it feels both freeing and scary. I worry about what the world and life will have for them but trust the their Father holds them and will give them all they need for their incredible journeys. Today I feel the depth of how lucky I am to watch my children grow. So many don't get that chance. So many people would give anything to be a parent for just one day or to hold their sweet child one more time. I want to drink in the fact that they are healthy. They can run and play and laugh and be free in a way that many other kids only dream of. I want to dream into who these beautiful girls may become. Each of them so different. Each one so incredible special and unique. Each little beauty holding a special place in my momma heart. So excited to see where the rest of this story may go and trusting that no matter what the story holds I am safely held by a Father who loves me and will be with me through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment