Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Surrounded

I am so thankful for my friends. Right now I am trying to start up a small home business. I have created to market a baby wrap style carrier that turns into a bag. It is trendy and stylish yet at the same time very functional. The idea came out of the best product I discovered in three kids which was the Cuddlywrap. I wanted to take this simple wrap one step further and create something that was a little bit more stylish.
Well, my friends (and husband) have absolutely been the driving force behind this little endeavor. It started when my friend Crystal generously offered to loan me her sewing machine. Then following that my mother in law let me borrow her serger but I seem to have burned it out after only two wraps. Although they assure me it was not my fault I can't help but feel responsible for this unfortunate mishap. Then my friend Kathy stepped up and offered to let me borrow her serger which I discovered from the sewing store lady was like the Mac Daddy of sergers in it's day and still is a "Very good model, not at all an introductory serger." I will not take the comment to heart because I can assure you that I have no in clings of even beginning to think that I am even a beginner seamstress of any sort.
Just when you thought I certainly could not get any more generous souls in my path yet another friend, Tammy, offers to let me use her embroidery machine to add a "professional" logo to my product. And believe it or not it does not stop there, Jen a mother of two young boys with a husband out of town offers her professional photographic talent to help me take pictures for my instruction manual and advertising.
Did I mention my friends are AMAZING? I cannot believe the outpouring of support that I have received and I count myself so blessed to have so many people in my life that are SO willing to give of their time and their processions. Although I often tell people thank-you I really do want these people to know that I think thank-you is insufficient for what they have done. I hope that as we travel in this life I will one day be able to provide something to each of you that you are perhaps not able to provide for yourself. THANK-YOU :)

No comments:

Post a Comment