Friday, January 1, 2010

Kamryn is Two

Well, although most people are celebrating that arrival of a new year and this year a new decade I am celebrating one of the most important days in my life. My beautiful, priceless Kamryn is two years old. It hardly seems that two years has passed since we welcomed our tiny spitfire into the world. Every single day that I get to see that little lady I am so thankful for her.

Today we are having a party at our house. The friends will come, the family will gather and we will blow out candles and then I will anxoiusly await the joys and pains that two will bring. I guess that only time will tell what kind of a two year old she will be.

My pregnancy with Kamryn was a little unexpected. I would never say that she was an accident but I was most certainly pregnant sooner then perhaps my timing would have been. Looking back it was the best way to do it but at the time I was more then a little worried about what life would look like with two little ones 19 months apart. The pregnancy was uneventful and unlike most pregnant ladies I felt Terrific for the whole nine months.

I spent that last month of my prenancy (December) working in a grade one classroom at Senator Buchanan and we all laughed daily at how big I was and the things that I was doing (dancing at the sock hop) Our due date was Christmas but that "due" date once again came and went any we were left waiting. Thankfully the doctor couldn't let us wait too long this time as she was called away on an emergency. Dr. Godwin asked me timidly if I would mind being induced on New Years day and I jumped on the prospect of having my second baby born on the birthday of my best friend (Coralee is also a New Years baby)

We arrived in the morning excited to meet our baby but anxious about the delivery. They began with the gel because I was already 4cm dialated and had been for sometime. We did the standard walk around the hospital, which was quiet due to the holiday. We visited with my mom and her co-workers and went through the routine checks. Finally at 2:00 they decided to break my water. They monitored me for 20 minutes after then I left the puddle of the bed to have a shower. In the shower I felt the contractions begin and quickly get harder and stronger. Anthony came to check on me and I told him I was fine so he left to check the score in the Hockey game. I got out of the shower when I could not take it any longer and things went fast and furious from there. The nurse came and I requested an epidural she checked me then left to put in the order. It was then that I knew Kamryn was coming. I began to shout because the call button was on the wall and I was alone. I NEVER want to be "that crazy lady" so I did not shout too loudly for fear that the nurse would come and tell me it was nothing. I got gradually louder and next thing I knew Anthony and the nurses were rushing into the room. Within seconds of their arrival Kamryns head was out and Kamryn was fully out just as doctor walked through the door. She came into this world at 2:47pm only 47 minutes after they broke my water.

I fully realize that my children are a gift from God and that he has entrusted Anthony and I to raise them, love them and shelter them. It is a miracle to me that you can love something so much and that with each one the love grows even when you are sure you cannot love anymore. Happy Birthday my beautiful princess, may we celebrate many many more years of laughter, memories and growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment