Sunday, April 8, 2012

An Easter to remember

Easter weekend is coming to a close and we have had such an amazing time. There was no "one" great event that made the weekend so memorable but rather a wonderful chain of activities that left me with so many wonderful memories.
On Friday night we all gathered on the couch to kick off another family movie night. This weeks selection (moms choice) was We Bought a Zoo. This movie was also very fitting since I had just listened to Jared Heidinger speak about losing his amazing wife Krista but that is another story. This was the first movie night that I can remember where we all sat snuggling for pretty much the whole movie. It came after a little threat of watch the movie or go to bed but apparently that worked because I was surrounded by the three oldest girls and Anthony spent time snuggling with Jordynn.
Saturday night was dinner at the Doyle's with uncle TJ and nanny and pop pop. Not only was dinner delicious but the Easter bunny had made an appearance there and the girls raced around searching for eggs. Following dinner and dessert overload my mom took the kids for a little swim in the hot tub. Jordynn missed out on the swim but was busy practicing her walking in the living room while the rest of us turkey stuffed adults visited.
Sunday was busy but boy was it fun. Started off with Easter baskets and a hunt in the backyard. Following that we packed up the Chaos and headed off to church. There were baptisms to celebrate and Mckinna made me laugh when she asked about the hypnotisms. After a quick lunch and nap we headed off to Jackie and Ryan Matchetts house. We had rubber duck races, an egg hunt and enjoyed a little BBQ supper. Between us, the Huggins and the Matchetts we had ten kids and I think the oldest was eight lol The girls had a great time running around playing and I had a great time sharing in some adult conversation.
The day ended with a bath. The kids are all still little enough to bath together which is fun and crazy at the same time. I know that I say this often but I am SO blessed and as I watch my family and share in each day with them I cannot help but want to say thank-you to God for every. Single. Second. Of this great life he has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment