Friday, April 27, 2012

Weekend Fun

This weekend we are on an adventure. Well, not really but we did drive out to spend the weekend in Medicine Hat. My cousin Kyle is getting married and so we have come to celebrate.
The girls were so excited to see all the Westcoast family. We are so incredibly lucky to have our amazing Aunty Shelly. I am not sure why she still has anything to do with me since I was not the greatest cousin growing up but she is AMAZING! and goes far beyond for my kids. We are so loved by her that it is beyond belief. Great gran is also here do we know that tomorrow will be a great day :)
Today the girls did the waterslides here at the Medicine Hat Lodge. Charlee went first and was fearless! She loved going down and shrieked excitedly and had to bound back up the stairs for more. Mckinna took a little convincing at first. I even had to just kinda force her onto the lower slide. But, after a couple rides with mom she was confident to go on her own. It made her seem amazingly big when she ventured up then down several times accompanied by her incredible cousins.
Surprisingly Kamryn did not want to even venture onto the slides tonight. After her fearless display of roller coaster riding in Disney I mistakenly thought that she would LOVE water slides. I am still hopeful that perhaps tomorrow she will at least try one, after all on the Disney boat she did the water slide unassisted with no water wings....she says this one is to high up. At least she had a good time swimming and making friends in the pool.
My incredible husband sent me for a pedicure earlier this evening and in the morning I am going for a massage. I am so thankful that he allows me to indulge in this not cheap habit of mine. Have I mentioned that I think he is amazing? He has been really stepping up his game and helping out with the kids a ton. Bedtime has become a lot more teamwork which is so helpful. He has been able to help with pick ups and drop offs. It is so amazing to see him grow and change and really step into being a hands on, caring father. He even came in the pool tonight and helped out despite the fact that I don't think his knees were feeling up to it. I am so thankful for the sacrifices he makes for our daughters and our family.
Now I am tired but again I remind myself as I lie here in a warm hotel bed with my beautiful daughters sleeping safely and securely, I am BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment